December 2018 Wrap Up

My favorite photo from December 

December Rankings:

As a teacher, you're not supposed to have favorites. As a reader, I love ranking! 

This month is pretty tough for me. Most of the books I read in December were ranked at 4 or 5 stars. I'm glad to have enjoyed the things I've read, but a few stand out a bit more. Books one, two, three, and four are likely ones that I'll re-read. Everything else just made me quite happy. 


1. Yours to Keep by Shannon Stacey: My first re-read since I started blogging. This super fun fake relationship trope has me wanting to marry into the Kowalski family myself. Find out what sets this trope apart with my full review

2. Royally Matched by Emma Chase: This one is such a close second to Yours to Keep, but it just couldn't beat the nostalgia of an early romance read. I love the mix of reality TV and found the way our MCs described falling in love to be so similar to the way I feel in love myself. Find out more with my full review

3. Dominate by Amy Daws: Reading this book was like having dessert before dinner. I experienced a beautiful wrap to a series I had yet to begin. While I at least did start with Surrender, there's no way I could ignore the joyous end to the Harris family. I wrote this review a bit differently, check it out here

4. Surrender by Amy Daws: This romance had me all kinds of excited. I wasn't used to these character arc types, since I so rigidly stick to genres. Thanks to Amy for reminding me there's more out there! Find out a bit more with my full review

5. Endurance by Amy Daws: This fake relationship trope mixed with sports romance still couldn't beat out Surrender and Dominate. While I love the Harris brothers, particularly Tanner's man bun and Belle's brilliant independence, Gareth and Sloan are the ultimate MCs for me this month. Find out more about Tanner and Belle with my full review

6. The Contract by Melanie Moreland: While I really did enjoy this read, I didn't feel any extra attachment to the characters. The story was well written and I loved the marriage of convenience trope because it was really well done. Find out why I didn't click with the MCs with my full review

7. Royally Endowed by Emma Chase: I thought this book was fine. And there's nothing wrong with fine! My review says a lot of good things about Logan and Ellie's story, it's just that it probably won't stick with me for a long time. I liked it, and that's okay. Find out more with my full review.  

8. Sin and Ink by Naima Simone: This is my one DNF for the month of December. While this is one of the hottest covers, Sin and Ink just wasn't for me. Find out more with my full review.

December Reflection:

I had a great time reviewing this month. My blogger was limiting me in what I wanted to do, so I tried to seek out other blogging websites. I quickly learned how difficult it'd be to move everything over. So, after googling some tips and tricks with blogger, I've been able to expand a bit. I've included my about me sections, my ranking guide, reading challenges, and more. I'd love to get some feedback and I'd be happy to chat with you about your blog! Drop a link to your book review blog in the comments!

Overall, for December I was happy to find another friend group in the Harris Brothers. I even spend some time tweeting with their hashtag. 

These past two months have been fun and relaxing for me. I'm excited to see what January brings. Also, hope for some snow days! Those are my favorite reading days. I really can't wait to get started on my reading challenges: New Adult Book Club & Contemporary Romance.  

Comments

Popular Posts