Royally Endowed by Emma Chase


Three out of Five Stars.

One sentence summary: When you're part of the royal guard, you're not supposed to fall for the family- even if she's only related by marriage. 

First thought: The dedication made my heart so happy. If you're reading on a Kindle like me, be sure to check it out. And, phew! That prologue cliff hanger made me want to skip ahead. I finished this book in one sitting! 

Why I read it: I loved Royally Matched and decided to take a peek at another book in this series. 

POV: Alternating M|F. First Person, Present Tense 

Setting: Emma Chase's fictional country, Wessco & NYC 

Tropes: Royalty, Protector, Clashing Classes, Slow Burn 

Our Heroine: Ellie. There was a lot of time jumping in this book. I didn't love reading about their attraction when Ellie was in high school, but I understand that we needed to know that this is a long time coming. Slow burn, ya might say! What I did love about her is that she was always double checking her actions and the things she said to see if they were mature enough. It was a cute quality. I also liked that she wasn't too resistant to having a guard. That idea can be a bit tired. 

Our Hero: Logan. I love it when they're brooding. Logan worked hard to be part of the best security for the royal family of Wessco, and I love that about his character. He takes his job seriously; it's a sexy quality. He takes care of our hero, but most importantly lets her be herself. Logan's got a lot of internal struggle going on- he grows from it certainly, but we don't really see that happen.   

Overall thoughts: This book was all about the things that keep our MCs apart. While that's fitting for a slow burn, there was a bit of a stretch toward the middle where our hero and heroine weren't spending any time together. Overall, I liked the story line and found their attraction toward each other adorable. 

There was a lot of internal and external conflict for these characters, some of it i didn't feel was entirely needed, but it did help to push the plot along. I'd almost push for a longer book if we didn't get that emotional scene. I'm getting so close to a spoiler, but I did want to share my reaction. Some may say our MC couldn't have moved forward without the turbulence, but I would have liked to have seen it happen on their own accord.

I loved the story though. Logan and Ellie are perfect for each other, even if it took them years to get there. Emma Chase does a great job creating characters that are puzzle pieces for each other- perfect fits that make the picture better.

The sexy scenes: This was a slow burn, so our sexy scenes took a while. But when they happened, our characters got everything they asked for and more! 

The best part of the book: When one of our MCs decides to lay all their cards out on the table! It's got to be one of the most adorable confession scenes in all of romance. 

Worst part of the book: The suspense. Honestly, I'm not a fan of suspense romance. These scenes were quick, but I read romance because it makes my heart happy. Suspense makes my stomach hurt and makes me want to skip ahead a bit... But that's just me! 

TLDR: Emma Chase pulled me in with this super sweet and semi-forbidden romance. She'll have you rooting for Ellie and Logan from the book's dedication. 

How I read it: Purchased for $4.99 and read on my Kindle.  

Links: Royally Endowed on GoodReads & Royally Endowed on Amazon 

Enjoy my blog? Follow me on Twitter or add me on Goodreads

Comments

  1. I love the way you review is set up. It's way of reviewing that is new to me but I absolutely loved it! All the information is there with no spoiler. Plus, it helps that I found another romance book reviewer and lover although I must say I LOVE the angst :) Can't wait to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts