Royally Matched by Emma Chase


Five out of Five Stars.

One sentence summary: Suddenly next in line for the crown, Henry decides to host a dating show to find his bride and Wessco's new queen, but Sarah's not there to fall in love. 

First thought: This book made me so happy. I think I read the whole thing with a smile on my face. It's really in the same vein as The Selection Series by Kiera Cass. I kept waiting for the dystopian parts to hit, but thankfully they didn't. I l-o-v-e dystopian in my YA books, but I'm not sure about it for romance.

Why I read it: I didn't want to read a Christmas themed romance, but for some reason, Royalty stories make me feel festive. Probably because of the Hallmark Channel. 

POV: Alternating M|F. First Person, Present Tense 

Setting: Wessco, a fictional country set in present day.  

Tropes: Royalty, Dating Games: Bachelor, Playboy Hero, Introvert & Extrovert 

Our Heroine: Sarah Mirabelle Zinnia Von Titebottum. I love Sarah and I want her job! Her character development was awesome and I really enjoyed watching her gain the confidence she'd need to be married to a king. 

Our Hero: Henry John Edgar Thomas Pembrook. I loved Henry as a hero. He's a dirty talking future king that enjoys making women blush. He's also had the biggest glow up of a character in my recent reading history. Falling in love is all about learning and growing, but Prince Henry does it right. 

Overall thoughts: I thought it was strange that I had to really wait for the main characters to meet! I think that was my first experience there. But once they did, it was such a sweet and all consuming love. There were so many parts of this book that reminded me of how I felt when I started dating my husband. So many lines about falling in love that I found relatable. 

In fact, I remember asking my husband if he hoped that we'd always feel like this. He said, god I hope not, then explained that this insane way we felt about each other would eventually cool into a deep and passionate friendship. Reading Royally Matched let me relieve those stomach butterflies all over again. Because this book let me feel those feelings again, it really resonated with me. This book gave me all the feels, so I gave it all the stars! 

The sexy scenes: Hot, but not gonna burn you! I found myself gravitating more toward the sweet scenes rather than the sexy ones. 

The best part of the book: Hands down, Henry meeting his guests, er contestants! 

Worst part of the book: And this isn't really bad- just something that doesn't always jive with me. Constant pop-culture references and literally references.. Sometimes I feel like they can be over explained, but I didn't mind them too much in this book. 

TLDR: This book put me in my feelings. It had the sweetest ending and a middle that was so true to my own experience with falling in love that I had to give it five stars! 

How I read it: Bought it for $4.99 and read on my kindle. 

Links: Royally Matched on GoodReads Royally Matched on Amazon

Enjoy my blog? Follow me on Twitter or add me on Goodreads

Comments

Popular Posts