Endurance by Amy Daws


 Four out of Five Stars.

One sentence summary: To save face, Tanner and Belle must pretend that they're dating, but can they really convince the world that they love each other when all they do is fight?

First thought: Hello Harris brothers! Tanner's adorably bold personality charmed me through out the story. I loved watching him be so adventurous, even when it seemed like the world was holding him back. It was obvious that Belle and Tanner were made for each other. 

Why I read it: When I was reading Gareth and Sloan's story, Tanner was the brother I was most excited about meeting next. So, that's why I jumped around a bit in this series. 

POV: Alternating M|F. First Person, Present Tense 

Setting: London, England 

Tropes: Famous Athlete, Fake Relationship, Career Driven 

Our Heroine: Belle. Coming from a pretty cold family, Dr. Ryan has to learn to open up and trust that feelings of love are okay. She prides herself in her life changing work and doesn't want anyone to stand in her way- go girl! I like Belle and I loved that she's got a bit of a party girl streak. Sometimes in romance we get saddled with a heroine that doesn't know how to have fun without her man. Belle's friendship with Indie really resonated with me as well. Overall, she's a great heroine. 

Our Hero: Tanner. Goofy, happy go lucky, and certainly handsome. Tanner's learning that life is more than just football and messing around with his twin brother. I really enjoyed reading the love and devotion Tanner has for his family. It was fun to watch him learn that he can apply that to Belle too. I admired that he wanted to keep her at arm's length since he didn't want to mess up his brother and Belle's best friend had going on. 

Overall thoughts: These two had one of the best meetings ever! Well I guess it's not the first time they've meet- but it was their first interaction in Endurance. There were a lot of things I really liked about this book. I'm a sucker for a fake relationship trope, which can sometimes feel really staged, but I thought for this book it made perfect sense. Well done! 

This book had one of my favorite lines too: "Women's vaginas are wired to their brains. My dick is wired to my dick like an infinity symbol." If there's a better way to describe a playboy, let me know! 

This book was a great read. I wasn't blown away by anything other than the Harris family dynamic, which will keep me coming back for more from Amy Daws.  

The sexy scenes: These were hot in true enemies to lovers fashion. While hate is a strong word for this couple, you could certainly enjoy their feud and make up sessions. Plus, honestly-- nothing is sexier than than athlete hero. IMO. 

The best part of the book: I'm going to do a repeat here and say the best part is the Harris family. Romance authors do side characters so well, and this series is no exception. Amy makes you want to get to know every member of the Harris family. I mean, I don't even know which football team to cheer for! JK, Gareth's. 

Worst part of the book: I didn't love that Belle was constantly referred to as crazy. Tanner didn't like it when she called herself that either, but then would lean into it with a "you're my kind of crazy." I think a lot of the things she was worried about in her relationship were valid. But overall, I loved that these characters didn't try to change each other. They embraced one another which allowed them to grow. 

TLDR: An adorable enemies to lovers/fake relationship trope. The Harris family strikes again with their adorable love for one another. 

How I read it: For free with my Kindle Unlimited subscription.  

Links: Endurance on GoodReads & Endurance on Amazon 

Enjoy my blog? Follow me on Twitter or add me on Goodreads

Comments

Popular Posts