Yours to Keep by Shannon Stacey


One sentence summary: To convince her grandmother she's got it all under control, Emma enlists Sean to be her fiance for one month. 

First thought: ReRead Alert! This was one of the first contemporary romance books I'd read because I was interested in a trope- and that was before I knew what a Romance Trope was. I had just read The Deal by Elle Kennedy and Lick by Kylie Scott, so I was looking for another Fake Relationship story and stumbled across this sweet story. 

Why I read it: Twitter reminded me of this book and I remember the story being sweet- so I decided to do my first ReRead Review! 

POV: Third Person and kind of omniscient. This was a bit jarring at first since most of the books I read last month were first person. But it only took me a chapter to fall into it.   

Setting: Farmhouse in New Hampshire 

Tropes: Fake Relationship, Military, Small Town 

Our Heroine: Emma is a hardworking heroine that's easy to like. She's gotten herself in a bit of a mix-up, by convincing her grandmother that she's engaged, but when her Grandma Shaw shows up for a month visit, Emma's gotta keep it together. She's a sweet character and it's always clear that she has the best intentions. 

Our Hero: Sean, fresh out of the military, is returning home to spend some time with his family. He's reluctantly roped in to Emma's plan. What I like about him is that's he's open about his intentions and as honest as he can be about his feelings. There weren't many games between our characters. 

Overall thoughts: This story is super sweet and sometimes sexy. I really like Shannon Stacey's writing style. I haven't yet met the rest of the Kowalski family, but I'm sure it's on the horizon. This story is much sweeter than the romance I normally read and I'm not sure if it's the small town feel or the writing style. But I do really enjoy it as a break from my usual sports romance genera. 

The two characters have so much chemistry and I love hearing the others talk about it. Because it's a third person story, we get to follow around some side characters a bit and see the relationship through their eyes. While I sometimes skimmed this in the reread, I didn't feel like it was intrusive. 

Overall, this book gets a higher rating because it takes a different spin on the fake relationship storyline. I'd rather not go into detail about in the review, but I'd love to talk about it in the comments.  

The sexy scenes: These are pretty mild, but still super sweet. 

The best part of the book: The family feel, the trope, and just genuinely likable characters throughout. 

Worst part of the book: No complaints here! 

TLDR: This is a little bit of a different take on the Fake Relationship story, making it one of my favorites within the trope!

How I read it: Already had this book on my Kindle from August 2017.

Links: Yours to Keep on Amazon & Yours to Keep on Goodreads 

Enjoy my blog? Follow me on Twitter or add me on Goodreads

Comments

Popular Posts