Dominate by Amy Daws


Four out of five stars!

While I'm going to do my best to avoid spoilers, please don't read this review unless you've read Surrender, book 4 in the Harris Brothers series. 

This book was a bit different from my normal CR reads, so I'm not going to review it in my normal style. 

The book was the culmination of the Harris Brother's stories and a few characters from Amy Daws's other works. This story was really a beautiful ending to a journey I only just started. 

Because I started with Surrender, full review here, I felt like I was missing out on a lot. I didn't know these Harris boys, so I was getting an incredibly satisfying ending for a story I wasn't familiar with. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it! 

Gareth and Sloan's story couldn't have been done property in just one book. At first I was mad at Amy for ending Surrender with a cliff hanger, but I'm glad Gareth and Sloan had time to hash out everything that really stood in the way of their romance. 

Amy gave time for characters to redeem themselves and for the first time ever, I read a romance that 
really did justice to an older child in the story. I felt like her daughter was an internal part of the story and not just weirdly cast aside. 

Honestly, this is one of the sweetest books I've read in a long time. Aside from the struggle our MCs went though, this was all about family coming together. I've already picked up another Harris Brother book, and in true Kay Phillips fashion, I'm still reading out of order. 

As a reader, it took me a long time to just read what I wanted. Now that I've learned this, I've found a home in stand alone romances. I love overlapping characters and picking my own order. And most of all, I love a good ending and I haven't read a better one than Dominate. 

Grab your copy of Dominate! 

Want more romance reviews? Follow me on twitter @yes_0kay_phil or add me on GoodReads

Comments

Popular Posts