January Wrap Up

My favorite photo from this month

January Rankings:

As a teacher, you're not supposed to have favorites. As a reader, I love ranking! 

This month I was worried I wouldn't be able to read as many books as I did in November and December, but that's not the case! I was sick for a few days and caught up on some Netflix, but overall I think my two reading challenges got me really excited about reading! 

So, here's what I read this month in order of my favs:

1. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne: I often found myself rereading paragraphs and lines because they made me swoon. That's the true mark of a good romance. I can't stop wondering which of my friends I'm going to pass this book along to. For more, check out my full review

TIE 2. The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren: This book had me laughing from start to finish. It delivered on plot, characters, and tropes! Find out more with my full review

TIE 2. Next in Line by Amy Daws: Once I found Amy's real life tire shop story, I got my hands on this adorable series. I honestly didn't write any notes in my review book because I was living in the moment with these characters. For more, check out my full review

TIE 3. Wait with Me by Amy Daws: This book was so meta and it made for such a fun read. I honestly cannot wait to get back to Boulder for some more of the CO Crew! Check out my full review here

TIE 3. Overnight Sensation by Sarina Bowen: This book was the exact amount of amazingness I was expecting from Sarina. It was an adorably sweet romance laced with bits of heartbreaking real life. Check out my full review here.

4. Wrong by Jana Aston: This book hit me right in the funny bone. My full review is pretty short too, it was honestly just a fun read. 

5. A Nordic King by Karina Halle: I really loved this read, but I didn't love our hero. Karina's writing style is awesome and I can't wait to get my hands on another one of her books. Find out why the King wasn't my jam with my full review

6. A Marriage of Inconvenience by Penny Reid: I actually haven't read anything else in the knitting series and picked this up because it's my favorite trope. While Penny's writing style isn't always for me, I really enjoyed this book! Check out my full review here.  

7. Roomies by Christina Lauren: I was on a CLo high when I read this one and while it was good- it just wasn't living up to Josh and Hazel for me. For more, check out my full review

8. Damaged Like Us by Krista Ritchie and Becca Ritchie: I don't have anything negative to say about this book, but it wasn't overwhelmingly exciting. Find out more will my full review

8. The Wild Heir by Karina Halle: If this book ended at 80%, it might have been a bit higher on the list. I just couldn't get down the the added end drama. Am I getting too soft? Check out my full review and let me know. 

9. Tangled by Emma Chase: This book was okay. I may have over sold it to myself because I loved Royally Matched and Tangled was at the top of a lot of rom-com lists. So, unfortunately it didn't live up to my self inflicted hype. Check out my full review here.  

10. The Foxe and the Hound: This book kept me entertained, but other than that there wasn't really anything that stood out to me. There were a few flaws-- check out my full review to find out what didn't jive. 

January Reflection:

So, after reading some great books and drinking tons of chamomile tea in the hopes of healing my throat, I started thinking about my own works in progress. And while I've got some story ideas brewing, two new MCs introduced themselves! I've already set up their plot and character pages and I'm interested to see where they take me. 

Reviewing has been an awesome outlet for me. It's a no risk all reward writing style. Okay, I mean I know it's not no risk-- I'm still putting my thoughts out there and it seems like during a time when bloggers are under scrutiny. But, I don't know that many people are even reading what I'm saying- so it's just a good way for me to let my feels about reading out a bit. So, if you're reading this-- thank you! If you're not, I'm still happy to be writing. 

Books have been so inspiring for me this month that I started my own bookstagram! 

Check it out: Kay's Bookstagram

Comments

Popular Posts