Wrong by Jana Aston


Four out of Five Stars

One sentence summary: What happens when the older guy you've been serving coffee to (and fantasizing about) happens to be fantasizing about you too? 

First thought: OMG, Jana Aston hits me right in the funny bone. She's great with situational and conversational humor! My all time favorite rom-com author. 

Why I read it: I love Jana Aston's other work! 

POV: First Personal Female, Present Tense 

Setting: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 

Tropes: Taboo, Age Gap, Alpha Male, Virgin Heroine 

Our Heroine: Sophie. In her senior year at U Penn, Sophie's just trying to figure it all out. She's a little flat as a character, but I think that's redeemed by Jana's humor and sexy scenes. There isn't anything I loved about her, but there wasn't anything I didn't like.  

Our Hero: Luke. I'm not sure everyone would agree with me here, but I loved Luke as a character. Alpha males are not my favorite trope and I wasn't in love with Luke or anything, but there were some qualities I found interesting. I didn't always trust him as our hero and Sophie's HEA. While super sweet heroes are my personal favorites, mistrust adds some complexity that makes reading enjoyable. 

Overall thoughts: This was a quick read for me. There were just enough taboo moments that made me squirm and want to find out what was going to happen next. I really enjoy Janna Aston's brand of comedy and will certainly go back for more. I'm super curious about Sophie's friend Evelyn's story- she seems like a nut!  

The sexy scenes: Honestly, the steamiest I've read this year! I'm obsessed with Luke's dirty talk. 

The best part of the book: I've been on the hunt for a good rom-com and this delivered. 

Worst part of the book: The family drama from one of our MCs was never fully resolved. I felt bad that one character wouldn't stand up for the other, but I guess the deal here is actions speak louder than words.

TLDR: Well, this review wasn't that long, but Wrong was a steamy, giggly, and squirmy quick romp of a read. Would recommend!

How I read it: Read for free inside the Valentines Days and Nights book package! 

Links: Wrong on GoodReads & Wrong on Amazon

Enjoy my blog? Follow me on Twitter or add me on Goodreads

Comments

Popular Posts