Good Girl by Jana Aston


One sentence summary: Girl decides to auction her virginity with the hope of getting her boss's attention.  

First thought: I love the characters in this particular series. They are well developed and then men have just the right amount of mystery. I really enjoyed that it wasn't about finding out our characters back stories, but more about spending time with them in the present.

Why I read it: I had just finished Good Time and wanted to see where the story began. Of the two books, I preferred Good Time. Find my review here

POV: First Person Alternating M|F. Present tense. 

Setting: Las Vegas! 

Tropes: Office Romance, Roommates, Virgin Heroine

Our Heroine: Lydia. I liked her! She was bold and excited about life and into trying new things. She's got adorable quirks and goes after what she wants. I like that Lydia sees the good in others and that she is really comfortable in who she is. A lot of times, NA is about finding yourself. I this book, it was more about finding your match. 

Our Hero: Rhys. A bossy alpha male that lets his ego get in his way. What boss romance hero isn't this way? 

Overall thoughts: I was a little worried about the idea of our heroine selling her v-card to the highest bidder and I had to suspend disbelief to enjoy the rest of the story. I did think these two had chemistry and I wonder how the book would have been different without that plot point- more of a slow burn. 

It was a quick read and I wanted to be able to really see the characters fall in love with each other. I think that might be what happens in a lot of Rom Coms though. Maybe I'll need to go back to some Rom Drams to get my full out love fix. 

So far, I think Jana is an awesome writer. I love her characters, the plot, and the pacing. I'll certainly read some of her other works sometime soon. 

The sexy scenes: Hot, sweet, and charming. The middle of the book was spent mostly on these scenes. I have no complaints and enjoyed Rhys and Lydia learning about each other. 

The best part of the book: Lydia's questions! She's so open with Rhys it had me laughing out loud. 

Worst part of the book: Truly my fault here. I didn't read the first book in the series... so I think I missed out on some of the mystery. However, with the alternating POVs we could see exactly what type of guy Rhys was. I think I was expecting a bit more humor since I had just come off of Good Time, but really there weren't any bad parts. 

TLDR: Enjoy a quick romantic romp with a bossy alpha male and the unexpected girl that grabs his attention. 

How I read it: Bought this book for $3.99 and read it on my Kindle! 

Links:  Good Reads, Good Girl Amazon, Good Girl 

Comments

Popular Posts