Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey

Five out of Five Stars

One sentence summary: When her childhood crush returns home, broken and no longer a star professional athlete, Georgie is the only one that can bring him out of his funk- but does she end up broken in the process? 

First thought: MORE Tessa Bailey Rom-Com please. And where can I get myself a Travis? 

Why I read it: Honestly, the cover. I'm obsessed with the adorable cartoon cover trend. 

POV: Third Person, Past Tense, Alternating M|F

Setting: Small Water Town in New York? New England? 

Tropes: Brother's Best Friend, Fake Relationship, Athlete 

Our Heroine: Georgie. I thought I wasn't going to love her as a heroine, solely on her job description. I mean professional clown? But one chapter in and I knew it was perfect for her. I loved her transformation from youngest sibling to leader and full on I am Woman Hear Me! What a great MC! 

Our Hero: Travis. Swoon. Congratulations Travis Ford, you've moved into my top book boyfriends! I love a brooding athlete, and even though he doesn't want to be Travis is sweet, swoon worthy, and has one dirty mouth. I love that he wants to be a better man for Georgie and that he's constantly working on it throughout the story- whether he knows it or not.  

Overall thoughts: I loved this book from start to finish. Aside from my favorite tropes and character types, I thought the story, writing, and pacing was perfect. Reading Travis fall in love with Georgie was perfect and I loved the constant tension between his lust and the fact that she's he best friend's little sister. 

Also, the Just Us League. Yes to girl power and I'm so here for their little group. I love the idea of women supporting on another in both goals and bitch sessions. It was great to have a group of women that weren't just a best friends who talk about boys, but they had real reasons for supporting one another. 

The sexy scenes: Someone get me a fan. Georgie and Travis's first moment was one of the hottest non-sex scene I've ever read. Ever. 

The best part of the book: The humor, heart, and over all adorableness of these characters. Plus the way Tessa Bailey mixes that with an intense steaminess is pretty awesome.  

My least favorite part: Nothing!

LOL Count: One. But that's amazing, since I never LOL at books!

TLDR: Girl Power, steamy sexy scenes, laugh out loud funny, and an amazing new book boyfriend. You've got to read this one. 

How I read it: I generously received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley. 

Links: Fix Her Up on GoodReads & Fix Her Up on Amazon



Enjoy my blog? 


Follow me on Twitter
add me on Goodreads
or check out my Instagram!

Comments

Popular Posts