Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover


Five out of Five Stars

One sentence summary: An airline pilot with who refuses to open up and a nurse whose life mission it is to care about others learn what it's like to be friends with benefits, but without the friendship.   

First thought: I need more CoHo prose in my life! I'm loving Colleen Hoover's writing style. It mades the characters come alive. 

Why I read it: Honestly, I think I bought this book because I saw a little youtube clip of the book preview. Which you can find: Right here!

POV: First Person, Present Tense, Alternating M|F

Setting:  San Fransisco 

Tropes: Dark Past, No Strings Attached, Brother's Friend 

Our Heroine: Tate. In my last review I wished our heroine was a but more career driven and I certainly got that with Tate. While working part time as an RN, Tate is going to school to get her Master's in Nursing. She's driven, compassionate, and one of the most patient characters I've read. While being faced with a hero that refuses to open up, a lot of romance characters get frustrated, or encounter misunderstandings. I liked that Tate was pretty open with her MC and very open with us! 

Our Hero: Miles. OH MY GOD. I'm usually pretty good at predicting books, but Colleen Hoover left me wondering what happened to Miles until the very end. Even through all his standoffishness, his character presented endearing and super sexy.  

Overall thoughts: When I was looking for book recommendations, someone suggested Ugly Love if I wanted to get wrecked. What I loved about this book was the true portrayal of relationships. Things are messy and scary. And our past scars us, but this book gives readers insight into why we let ourselves love over and over again. It reminds us that our past can shape our future, but it doesn't need to be our whole future. 

The sexy scenes: I love a good friends with benefits & brother's best friend! These scenes were extra steamy because of the trope and our hero! Swoon.  

The best part of the book:  I'm not usually a fan of alternating timelines, but Colleen Hoover may have made a convert out of me. She slowly gave us pieces of our hero's past and really made him one of the most sympathetic MCs I've read. 

Worst part of the book: That I don't already have another Colleen Hoover book in my queue. Don't worry though, I just ordered November 9th.  

TLDR: This book with wreck you and then build you back up. 

How I read it: Paperback I pulled from my self! And I'm glad I finally did. 

Links: Ugly Love on GoodReads & Ugly Love on Amazon



Enjoy my blog? 

Follow me on Twitter
add me on Goodreads
or check out my Instagram!

Comments

Popular Posts