Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey Mcquiston


Red, White & Royal Blue 

Four out of Five Stars

One sentence summary: In an effort to save face, the First Son and England's Prince create a instagramable, yet fake, bromance; but what happens when it turns out to be a bit more romance than bromance? 

First thought: The writing in this book is a bit different than I'm used to in a romance. I don't come across a lot of third person, but once I warmed up to Casey McQuiston's writing style- I really loved this one. 

Why I read it: MM Romance and Royalty- seriously why wouldn't I read it. 

POV: Third Person, Semi-Omnipotent, Mainly Alex 

Setting: Washington DC and England  

Tropes: President's Son, Royalty, Enemies to Lovers 

Our Hero: Alex. I love when a character thinks that they've got it all figured out, then boom! They fall in love. Alex was great and I enjoyed his passion for life and the success of the people around him. He's one of my favorite heroes this year! 

Our Hero: Henry. While he's not in direct line for the throne, he does have a lot of family duty and honor that keeps him from being his true self. Case McQuiston does an excellent job showcasing that push and pull. I loved seeing the mask go on and off with Henry's public and private life. 

Overall thoughts: I loved this one. There were so many characters to enjoy, but mostly, I was in love with Alex and Henry's story from the start. It was an incredibly modern read not only in characters but also in just side moments that were happening and I appreciated that. Like when Henry and Alex started their instagram bromance, or when a moment from an interview was turned into a gif. 

The chemistry between these two was awesome. And I really enjoyed the pull between romance and obligation. I can't wait to read this one again in a few months. 

The sexy scenes: These were a bit PG 13 for my normal romance standards, but I don't have a real complaint about that.  

The best part of the book: This was a like a double royal romance. I loved the bridge between President's son and Prince. And, I love when a relationship's gotta be a secret. I'm always wondering- is this going to be it!? 

My least favorite part: The third person narrative. It wasn't that big of a deal, I just needed to adjust since the majority of the books I've been reading are first person POV. 

TLDR: I loved this super sweet read. 

How I read it: Pre-ordered this book from Amazon!

Links: Red, White, and Royal Blue on GoodReads & Red, White, and Royal Blue on Amazon



Enjoy my blog? 


Follow me on Twitter
add me on Goodreads
or check out my Instagram!

Comments

Popular Posts