Show me your shelfie


This is my bookshelf. There are many like it, but this one is mine.


Since I started reading romance, I've almost stopped buying paperbacks. And paperbacks are certainly my preference over hardbacks. But a bookshelf can tell a lot about a person. 

1. Kay loves Harry Potter. That's true and probably doesn't need more of an explanation. 
2. Kay is particular- look at that color coordination. That's true too! If I was allowed to keep my husband out of this room, I would. 
3. There's a lot of YA here. Yup! I'm into it. As an English major I tried to pretend that the only books I read were classics, thought provoking, and whatever would impress that cool musician that lived in the dorm room next to mine. Cough, Chuck Palahniuk. Now, life is more like that quote:

I used to walk in to a room and wonder if everyone liked me, now I wonder if I like them  
Growing up is cool because once we realize that people are not constantly thinking about us, and we can get rid of that time we spent wondering if they were. Because really, they're just wondering if everyone else is thinking about them.  

back to my list...
4. Kay is still in college! Those empty liquor bottles do tell that story, but my husband has an affinity for them. Who am I to say they can't stay... 

Anyway, see something you like? Let me know. I love talking books. Or, share your shelfie. 

Comments

Popular Posts