Fireworks by Sarina Bowen


First Thought: Back to Vermont! OMG Cannot wait. Okay, I could wait- because it came out on Tuesday and I'm reviewing on Saturday. But, there's two reasons for that:

1. I wanted to read the book uninterrupted. 
2. Delayed gratification. The second I finish it, it's over. And I'll have to wait until January to get another Sarina Bowen book! 

It was worth it! 

Why I read it: Sarina Bowen is an auto-read author for me. And I was hooked on the Vermont series after the first book, Bittersweet. The only thing I wasn't looking forward to was the mystery aspect. The second book in the True North series, Steadfast, was also a bit of an investigative mystery- and that one might be my second favorite of the series. So, I had no reservations about starting Fireworks! 

POV: First Person M|F alternating, Flashbacks, but the majority of the time is spent with our female narrator. 

Setting: Small Town, Vermont 

Tropes: Investigative Mystery, Protector, Second Chance Romance, Love at First Sight 

Our Heroine: Skyler. Glammed up, something from nothing, tough heroine. She's bold, passionate, and likable. 

Our Hero: Benito. He is sweet and sexy, scruffy and polished and either way perfect. Our hero is serious about his job and his girl. 

Overall thoughts: Well, sit down with a Snakebite and enjoy the heat in fireworks. After convincing my husband that we'd need a quick trip to the liquor store, that's exactly what I'd do. Except we don't learn about snakebites until 67% in. I loved this story, and I'm glad I waited to read it uninterrupted. It was love at first sight done right. We don't get to watch the couple fall in love, because they're already there. The falling is one of my favorite parts of romance, so for me- that was the only thing missing. 

The sexy scenes: H-O-T and super sweet. Never has there been a more understanding man than Benito Rossi. 

The best part of the book: The True North world that Sarina has created. & Bentio's tenderness. 

Worst part of the book: WHERE IS DAVID!? But seriously, there wasn't anything bad about this book. Only my personal dislike for "thrillers." While it's not exactly a thriller, it had the part I dislike the most about them. Women in physical distress saved by our hero. It was written well, this just isn't my trope. 

TLDR: Sarina crushes it again! I can't wait for the next installment in the True North series. Now, when is my husband taking me to Vermont? 

How I read it: Pre-Ordered it the day it was available for pre-order! 

Links:  Goodreads, Fireworks & Amazon, Fireworks 

Comments

Popular Posts