Dangerous Exes by Rachel Van Dyken


First Thought: OMG. Just when I thought I'd never love another book again, this one came bounding into my life. I laughed, I cried, and I was forced to use the cliche, roller coaster ride. 

Why I read it: One of my fav. author's, Sarina Bowen, just shared it on her Goodreads, I figured while I'm waiting for Fireworks, I'd give this a try! Plus, it's got my fav. trope, Fake Relationship...

POV: Alternating M|F, Present Tense

Setting: Los Angeles 

Tropes: Hate to Love, Fake Relationship, Sports Romance, Powerful Women

Our Heroine: Isla was amazing. A strong women, passionate about her career and clever enough get under our hero's skin while making me laugh the whole time. I loved her. She was the whirl wind Jessie needed. 

Our Hero: Jessie, so frickin' hot and neurotic. He's just as crazy as she is, and while I loath reading anything about stalkers, Jessie's particular brand of stalking was A-Okay in my book. Watching Jessie let go was the most fun I've had reading a book in a long time. 

Overall thoughts: I loved this book from the first page. In fact, I've already downloaded a second book from Rachel and I cannot wait. I loved that the two main characters had different voices, and it was easy to tell who I was reading. Their story was sexy and sweet and Rachel really gave us time to let the characters fall in love. I'd be totally down for going to a football game with Jessie! Since I started reviewing, oh 12 hours ago, I've spent half the time I was reading, thinking about what I'd write in the review. While reading Dangerous Exes, the only thing I was thinking about was the story. 

The sexy scenes: Medium Sexy, but yes please! While these scenes didn't have the extreme "is this real" that many fake relationships have, I may have liked this version better. The scenes weren't filthy- they were just so sweet and urgent. It really worked for this book 

The best part of the book: The humor! Hands down, a romp. 

Worst part of the book: This is totally 100% on me. I choose to read these out of order and felt like I was missing just a little bit. But you can bet, Dirty Exes is now on my TBR list! 

TLDR: If you like yourself, read this book. 

How I read it: Free with my Kindle Prime subscription

Links: Amazon, Dangerous Exes & Goodreads, Dangerous Exes

Comments

Popular Posts